As mobile devices become the primary means for accessing information, enterprises must find a way to accelerate mobilization. For many, the answer lies in giving business-side workers the ability to mobilize their own business processes.
To address this requirement, Oracle is announcing the preview of Mobile Application Accelerator, a new capability in Oracle Mobile Cloud Service.
Mobile Application Accelerator is a cloud-based offering that brings mobile application development capabilities to professionals with no previous software development experience. With Mobile Application Accelerator, program managers, power users, and business professionals can develop mobile applications quickly and visually through their web browser.
“Oracle’s Mobile Application Accelerator significantly reduces the complexity of mobile application development, giving business users the ability to quickly develop their own mobile applications. By delivering Mobile Application Accelerator via Oracle Mobile Cloud Service, Oracle is eliminating the need to configure desktop development environments, enabling rapid development and deployment of mobile solutions by new categories of professionals.”
Chris Tonas, vice president, Mobility and Development Tools, Oracle
- Previewed today at Oracle OpenWorld, Mobile Application Accelerator, a new capability in Oracle Mobile Cloud Service, enables nontechnical staff to build their own mobile applications.
- Oracle’s Mobile Application Accelerator feature allows users with no coding experience to rapidly and intuitively produce mobile applications without coding.
- Mobile Application Accelerator provides an instant, live view of the application even while editing, without requiring the typical development and release cycles. No deployment step is required.
- The new mobile capability allows users to develop secure, user friendly, and engaging mobile applications that run on both iOS and Android phones and tablets by leveraging Oracle Mobile Application Framework and Oracle Mobile Cloud, part of the Oracle Cloud.
- The Mobile Application Accelerator development environment offers the ability to develop mobile applications from both desktops and mobile devices without the need to install mobile development environments.
- By giving new classes of professionals the power to create mobile applications, Mobile Application Accelerator reduces users’ ever-increasing demands on IT for mobile access to data and processes.
- Based on a set of best practices for UI design, Mobile Application Accelerator makes it possible for users to create mobile applications leveraging multiple page templates and connect them to various back-end systems with Oracle Mobile Cloud.
- Developers can use Oracle Mobile Application Framework to further enhance mobile applications created with Mobile Application Accelerator. This capability provides continuity of development tools and framework between power users and developers and increases collaboration.
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is the most important business and technology conference of the year for Oracle customers, prospective customers, and partners. This educational conference is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming industry trends and breakthroughs driven by technology.
Oracle OpenWorld offers more than 2,500 educational sessions, hundreds of demos and hands-on labs, and exhibitions from more than 400 partners and customers from around the world showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management, cloud, and infrastructure solutions—all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2014 is being held September 28 through October 2 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.